Please join in on the party at Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Chicken and Tortellini Salad
(Adapted from the June 2011 Issue of Southern Living magazine)
- YIELD: Makes 12 to 15 appetizer servings
- HANDS-ON: 20 MINUTES
- TOTAL: 30 MINUTES
- COURSE: Appetizers, Salads
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Process olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Toss olive oil mixture with tortellini, chicken, and next 3 ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pair with: La Torrazza Erbaluce di Caluso, Italy, or Chablis, or an unoaked Chardonnay.
This particular recipe called for serving this dish as an appetizer. I took the liberty of serving it as a luncheon salad with crusty french bread and Moscato wine.