Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Foodie Friday (2) Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Feta Salsa

It's time for Foodie Friday hosted by the lovely Michael Lee West of Designs by Gollum.

This week, I am sharing another Southern Lady recipe...and this one I've tried.  Delicious!  (My photographs don't do this recipe justice so I'm just showing my fresh ingredients!)  

Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Feta Salsa (Makes 4 Servings)

Salsa:
2     cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2     cup finely chopped sweet onion
2     tablespoons lime juice
1/4     cup crumbled feta cheese
2     teaspoons olive oil
1     avocado, peeled and chopped


Chicken:
1     tablespoon olive oil
2     teaspoons lime juice
4     (6-8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1.  In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, onion, lime juice, feta, and olive oil; set aside.

2.  Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.  In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.  Add chicken breasts, and toss to coat.  Grill chicken for 6 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.  Loosely cover chicken with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.

3.  Add chopped avocado to salsa, and season with salt and pepper; toss gently.  Top chicken with salsa and serve.

Delicious fresh produce and feta.
I added the magazine photograph so that you can see what the presentation can look like!

I served mine with a side of hot steaming corn on the cob, fresh garden salad, and loaf of crusty French bread. 

For other delicious appetizers, main courses, desserts, etc., please join us over at Foodie Friday.  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great and very seasonal-YUM:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberries on a salad! The feta would make it awesome, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all these ingredients in my fridge right this minute. I think I know what we're eating for dinner tomorrow night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and sounds so tasty! I missed out this week...too much going on...but glad you posted this. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete