Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Flip Flop Love

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe



I love shoes.

And yet, as a busy mom of three petite ones who seem to be growing out of their own shoes every three months, I rarely buy myself a new pair.

Except for flip flops.

I adore flip flops.  (I buy several new pair each Spring.)

My podiatrist...and physical therapist...not so much.

I am supposed  to be wearing sensible shoes on a daily basis...and I did really good this past Winter and Spring.  But since summer arrived, I'm not sticking to the "rules" so well.

What's a girl to do?

Invest in a "sensible" pair of flip flops!

I discovered these beauties at a local day spa this afternoon...

These are the Madison Slate, ML
They are manufactured by OKA b (Shoes That Love You) and feel wonderful! You can learn more about their shoes and OKA b here.  I love that they are made from recyclable materials and are made in the USA!  Their website even has a ribbon tying tutorial!  I can't wait to hit the ribbon aisle at Michaels!

Doctor endorsed...I think they are the perfect compromise between "sensible" shoes and bare feet!

And as a small side note...while doing my research on these shoes, I discovered that they are made in the South...(Buford, GA).
Flip flops and the South...what a perfect combination!

My newest pair of summer sandals.
What type of shoes do you love?

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! I think I will follow your link to learn more about these shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I too must wear "sensible" shoes and it's not really fun is it? I'm like you in that I find better choices for fall/winter. I have a couple pair of sandals that are very comfortable this year but I like the bow on these. I'm going to look at the site.

    One thing I've discovered is that I cannot wear the flat sandals or flip flops...have to have a little bit of a heel or it kills my back & knees.

    Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete